Me and Lockdown!!

 Hi Everyone, 

 I hope you are all having a lovely day so far.

For today's post i wanted to talk to you all about Me and Lockdown. 

Here in Ireland we are currently in phase 3 which means the country is slowly getting back to some sort of normality at least,  however over the last few weeks we have seen quite a rise in positive cases which is very worrying to see. 

As i have double auto-immune disease i am constantly checking in with the daily figures.  I for one have to be extra careful when it comes to going out to the shops or going out into the general public so i wear a mask into all shops and where a 2 meter distance is not possible. Over the last few weeks i have found it rather normal to wear a mask plus i also have a growing collection of masks to choose from. 

Since Lockdown began back in early March i have ticked off so many tasks that i wanted to get done over the summer, such as Decorating, Gardening and looking after my Health. The last six months of Lockdown has been very stressful and worrying for everyone, but i have felt that it has given us all the chance to look after one another and to concentrate on one thing 'Family'.

Although the whole of Lockdown has been stressful and me for one has been very anxious about the rise in cases over the past few months but i do believe that  lockdown has opened some new experiences for us all such as working from home, getting fit outdoors rather then going to the gym and also planning and cooking healthy meals with the family along with some baking as well. 

I have learned so many new experiences since lockdown and i wanted to share them all with you.....

YOGA 

I have been doing Yoga at home for the past six months now and i am planning on sticking to it as i'm really feeling the benefits of it such as increased muscle strength, improving my respiration and energy.

 I have also been trying out some different poses as well.

WALKING

As I live in the Countryside, we have the added bonus of some beautiful places to walk. So on a normal day (weather permitted) i would tend to go on a total of two walks, one in the early morning and another one in the late afternoon or evening. 

Throughout the early lockdown days we were very lucky when it came to the weather as i manged to get up very early to see the sunrise just before my walk. 

HEALTHY MEALS

One thing that lockdown has taught me is to make and eat healthier home-made meals. All though my eating habits were already healthy, i feel that with lockdown i have been able to spend more time in the kitchen making meals from scratch using the fresh food. 

I have also been able to bake some amazing treats such as my favourite Chocolate Cake, Cookies and plenty of other yummy treats. 

ORGANISING

I have also managed to do a huge clear out on my clothes and handbags, which i am delighted with. I would rarely do a clear out in the Summer but i just felt with everything going it needed to be done. I also organised my shoes and makeup as well as it needed to be done, as it has been a mess for the past couple of months. 

HEALTH

As mentioned above, as i have Type 1 Diabetes and Graves Disease i have used this lockdown time to concentrated on managing both my autoimmune conditions. So far my Glucose levels have stabilized but i am having a few low levels here and there. With the healthy eating and exercise i have been doing each day, this has benefited my health in keeping things on track.

I hope you all enjoyed today's post, let me know in the comment box below what did you do during Lockdown.

Talk to you all in my next post.

Louise x 


 


Comments

Popular Posts